View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn74 View Post
Hi the firefly, im lynn from the uk,im 33yrs old. Ive suffered from shakey hands since i was 14yrs. But i was always too imbarassed to say anything until now. I went to see a doctor in London who did some tests. He wants to put me on beata blockers. Will find out on friday what ones i will be prescribed by my local doctor and what dose. As different tablets help some ppl and not others. Guess its going to be abit of trial and error i guess. Could you tell me how you get on with the medication that you are on? Hope im dont being too rude?
Hi Lynn,
Thought I would reply to you as I am here, not to step on the toes of Firefly.
No doubt you have started Inderal by now, hope it's going ok. Inderal (propranolol) or Mysoline (primidone) are the two medications proven to be the most effective for Essential tremor but as you say,not all meds suit everyone.
If one doesn't work for you they will try another. Topiramate and gabapentin are others that some find beneficial. Easiest is to start with the smallest dose and increase slowly as per side-effects etc. Your doctor will give you instructions and monitor your progress.
There is a neurologist at a clinic just outside London, from memory he has ET and I believe is actively involved in a group. Let me know if you want any info.
For now
Nick
bastille is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote