View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lidocaine, Novocaine doesn't work?

Has anyone else noticed that Lidocaine, Novocaine, or any other "caines" don't work on you because of your Neuropathy?

I've started to run into this, well, just figured things out now. Last March when I had a "suspicious growth" removed I felt half of the incision and 3 of the 6 stitches. It was in a very delicate area to say the least.

When having 2 biopsies at my Gynocologist's 3 weeks ago, I told her this and her answer was "don't worry, we have LOTS of lidocaine." The first biopsie went great--didn't feel a thing, the second one I felt, so she gave me a third shot, but I still felt it. She was puzzled and said "you shouldn't be feeling a thing after two shots there." I said just do it.

I was scheduled for some laser surgery Monday. I mentioned the lidocaine thing and he said it was probably due to the Neuropathy or Arachnoiditis. He said anytime you have Neuropathy nerves misfiring can be anywhere in your body, just not diagnosed yet. (or something like that) He won't do the laser surgery without putting me under versed.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Hugs,
Jan