Old 09-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--and, overall not TOO much the worse for wear.

I'd like to lose 15 pounds--not the way you describe, though.

I too have found myself reacting to sorbitol on occassion--the first time was when I started taking a new brand of methylcobalamin (that was on sale through one of the Internet vitamin providers I frequent). It took me a while to figure out what was going on--and to read the label. In my case, there was a loosening of stool, and more evident blood sugar swings and carb cravings (which I'm prone to anyway, R-lipoic acid notwithstanding). i switched back and slowly this receded.

As you go though Neurotalk, I bet you'll find a lot of people asking questions of you and pining for your return. You are cerainly missed when you're Internet inaccesible.
Oh, Glenn you are a dear.
When I got back yesterday with 3 meowing cats, I pulled into our neighborhood, hoping to see all the construction of the road finished. I was totally wasted (I drove thru heavy rain and little visibility all the 400 miles). What do I see first thing? A little guy driving a BobCat mini dozer, doing wheelies and bouncing right up in the air. I could not turn to go towards my home, but had to detour around...it is still a war zone here. I thought I was hallucinating...but I think his clutch was broken and he was trying to move it or do something with it...at times all 4 tires were off the ground. Would have made a great video on YouTube. Welcome home to me! All the manholes have been raised and blocked, since the final paving is not done yet...it was an obstacle course. LOL

I'd check out fructose intolerance also if I were you. You know I went off the gluten free diet recently...as a test. And I seem fine...except for sugar and fructose. I had reduced it pretty far, before the sorbitol event, but now I won't even put jelly on the peanut butter. Peanut butter has always been a comfort food for me going way back to college days when I had no money and lived off it then. I'd have one hot meal at the student union (subsidized so it was very inexpensive) and peanut butter the rest of the time. I cut out dinner now most of the week, and even ordered a 1/2 size mini Whopper at Burger King in Mackinaw yesterday for lunch. You can get a double cheeseburger junior and for .50 add tomato, mayo and lettuce.
It was just right and $3.25. So I didn't even need dinner yesterday at all.

I guess it is possible fructose fuels bacteria, or that the other intolerances like gluten sets one up for other intolerances. But the sugar thing is quite noticeable for me now. I did have some dark M &M's --just a few, with no ill effects. I am now an M & M fan, when I do crave a little chocolate.(those cold damp painful days beckon me sometimes).

Thank you for the welcome back!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote