View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default semi conscious or conscious

hello and welcome

this brain injury thing seems to have a very broad spectrum I had no memory for 30 minutes prior to injury I dont know how long I was unconscious, I can now 9 months later only remember snippets of the event medics tend to access people using the premis of unconscious semi conscious or conscious and the notion of lucidity I would describe my state as semi conscious on arrival at A&E by this I mean running on instinct I knew my name and address but didn't know were I was, could walk, but could not tell my left from right I thought I was in a town I has been days before, I did not feel sick ? in fact my brain was in shock and had shut down and in a catatonic state, it is our instinct to get up but ,I would say I was still unconscious for another three hours after my arrival at A&E, so I feel the time one is unconscious is irrelevant I only feel nauseous now my brain has recovered from the shock I think medic access on a thing called the Glasgow coma scale ? by reading this you might think I have no cognitive impairment.but this has taken me hours to write if it was not for the spell checker and ctrl C this would be gobbledygook ah! the spell checker got that one right I can read and understand but cannot hold a word in my mind my short term memory is shot unfortunately neurosurgeons cant insert a new ram stick so the computer is my aid memoir I think it depends on the persons intellectual development pre injury and the damage sites, I dont remember I have forgotten something, cause its not there.the PDSD and low mood you feel may be treated by neurophysiology I hope to see one at some point I can understand your fear of fainting could trigger PDSD and a blow to the head is never a good thing I am not a doctor so can only go on about how it is for me hope you get some answers here and good luck with your study's
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote