View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 06:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I need advice and help with a particular website.

I need some help with a website that is charging my cell phone bill for downloads that have not been made.

There is a website called Flycell. com. that offers three free ringtones. You have to supply your phone number to get the free ringtones....This particular website advertises on My Space....My son unknowingly thought he was just getting the free ring tones...but once they have your cell phone number they automatically subscribe you to their services and charge the cell phone $9.99 a month. I just noticed this charge last month and called our cell phone company. They would not help us last month with removing the charges and told me that we had to go to the website to unsubscribe. Well instead of unsubscribing they stated we subscribed and charged us again...I called the cell phone company this month after I saw the charge again and told them to remove the charge or I would discontinue service. We have a business and five phones so they do not want to lose us as customers. Initially, the cell phone company said they would not remove the charges, but todayafter much complaining they did remove the charges...BUT...here is the rub...

I dug through the web site of Fly cell and found a phone number to call. You call the number, leave a message and they call you back. I got this arrogant jerk that just kept repeating the same thing over and over again saying that we subscribed to their services and they would not remove the charges or give us the $30.00 back...He went on to tell me that we just subscribed again in November and were charged $9.99. There is no way to unsubscribe from this site...and we are afraid to go near it now...

I think my cell phone company will remove the charges, but how do I report this company. I told him that my son is not an adult and thought that three free ring tones is just that, three free ring tones. He said he had to have placed a code into his phone. My son told me he did not do this because he was afraid it was textmessaging and he knows I would get angry....Anyway...the company rep I talked to or the guy that owns the site is just awful...I tried to talk to him and he would not listen to anything I said...Instead, he talked over me....As I would start to say something he just kept repeating that they would not remove the charges..When I stopped talking to see what he was saying ...He would stop talking and ask what I wanted...He then went through the entire thing again of not removing the charges, we are subscribed...over and over again....This guy actually called me twice today and was so arrogant, that I finally told him to shut-up...and hung up....

Who do you report websites to anyway? What are my legal rights? My cell phone company told me to report them to the Better Business Bureau, but there has to be someone that they are responsible to on the Internet isn't there? Or can websites like this just keep stealing money from people. Nothing was downloaded from the site...not even the three free ring tones...He admitted that...He said nothing was ever downloaded...but they will not refund our money....very, very frustrating...!

Where do you go on the web to make blogs? I threatened him with making a blog to let others know that they are doing this to people...He just laughed and then kept saying that everything is in their webpage...It is but it is buried deep...I had to dig to find their phone number and then no one answers....you get a machine...

Any info you can provide will be appreciated...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!

Last edited by GJZH; 11-08-2006 at 06:24 PM.
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote