View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkchic View Post
I had my first Tysabri infusion last Thursday and everything went fine - nothing unusual. Then on the weekend, I had extreme weakness in my legs, more than normal numbness in my feet. Instead of using one forearm crutch, I have gone to the wheelchair.

Question - has this happened to anyone else and what was the outcome? I am not discouraged...just a bit frustrated and curious. Thanks for any input!

~Teresa
While I don't remember having the tiredness and weakness that others have reported, there HAVE been a lot of reports about people having the symptoms you report.

I work nights and go for my infusion after a full week of work, usually on 4 hours sleep or less the day of infusion, so I am NOT a good patient to compare to. I'm ALWAYS tired!

Most people reported improvement around infusion # 3 or 4. I am not sure whether the whole stress and uncertainty of the decision to go on Tysabri is in play with some of this but as we all know, deciding to change or start a new therapy always has stress involved in it, whether we recognize it or not.

I hope this resolves for you. Please keep talking and let us know how you are doing!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (09-09-2008), Victor H (09-09-2008)