View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This thread is very informative

After 13 months and numerous visits to the dentist for tootaches, I am considering (leaning more toward) having my #3 molar removed as it has an obvious and deep penetratrion to my sinus. My dentist has encouraged me to "save" the tooth as it appears to be healthy and teeth #1 and #2 have previosuly been removed. His suggestion was to have a root canal and subsequent crown. I understand the reasoning for necessity in chewing, however, I suffer from headaches and sinus infections at a rate of nearly 1 per month/6 weeks. The last 4 have been very severe in nature and almost debilatating as it is hard to function with a migraine type of headache and all the pleasures of runny nosy, sore throat, ear-aches, dizziness, and the added bonus of infections in the roof of my mouth and gums behind my upper right teeth. My question is basically will it be a huge detriment to me in the future (I'm 35 years old) if I demand to have the tooth extracted? I like my dentist, I think he knows what he's talking about BUT is it really necessary to go through a root canal/crown (and the expense) when I should just have the tooth removed? I do have an appointment scheduled with a dentist who specializes in endodontics (he was referred by my dentist). Should I keep this appointment or head straight to an oral surgeon? I guess I'm really just looking for justification of what I want to have happen =/

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Magi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote