View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day Cherie. I hope it's nothing serious and that they'll get you fixed up soon. Try not to worry. Just check in here if necessary.
Thanks Ewizabeth. Of course I have to go research everything that might go wrong with the adrenal glands , and there really aren't that many things. What's funny is that I ran across Addison's disease, which is something I looked closely at when I was still in denial about MS. There are other diseases too, and they have similar symptoms, but some of the weird things they mention in most of these conditions are things I've had for years; low blood pressure (I shouldn't have, I am a smoker), dizzy spells, salt cravings, hormonal issues, etc.

Then again, maybe it's just all related to the MS, in one way or another. That usually ends up being the result of any testing I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar and Spice View Post
Cherie,
I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain!! My brother is experiencing the same symptoms. He has had many tests done & has been in and out of the hospital on and off for 2 months. He was given iv drugs which seemed to help and alleviate the pains and then it comes back. The doctors are not sure if it is pancreaitis or diverticulitus, which is also very painful.
I forgot that my mom has diverticulosis and when she has attacks they sound quite familiar to your symptoms.
I hope that you find relief and answers soon
SS
Thanks S&S. I was dx with Ulcerative Colitis back in the mid-80's, and have had quite a bit of problems from that. UC can cause adrenal gland problems, so maybe it is related to the recent "discovery" in/around my adrenal glands. Then again, maybe they got that dx incorrect.

Has your brother had a colonoscopy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMac View Post
I am sure your doc will want the blood work completed to test you for pancreatitis. If it IS that the only way to help it is NOTHING to eat or drink for days, Ice chips are the only things allowed........I was also put on morphine for the pain, right in my IV, THAT was the best part of the whole experience........

I just saw this thread so I thought MAYBE I could give YOU some input on something that I went through......

Joe
Thanks Joe. I have a bunch of blood tests to be done too, but thought there was probably not much point until it was closer to the date where I was getting the ultrasound, barium, etc. I guess I'll do the blood tests next week too ....

The pain has let up a lot while I've been waiting for this testing, so I wonder if anything would show up at this point anyway. I suppose whatever the problem is will still show in my blood, even if the symptoms aren't as active . . .?

The morphine didn't help the TM neurological symptoms, did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
pain can be "referred" from other places, especially in the abdomen.
i know you'll keep us posted.
Thanks Nancy. I was wondering if that was the case (referred pain), since she seemed to go straight to the kidney area after ultrasounding the mid-section. I would never have thought it was related to anything down there, but obviously they know that this can happen.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-05-2008), FinLady (09-05-2008)