View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy View Post
As a cancer survivor may I tell you MS seems to be a walk in the park in comparison and my cancer was caught very, very early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joellelee2000 View Post
MS is walk in the park compared to cancer. JMO.
I have to disagree, based on my personal experience with both. Admittedly, my cancer was fairly easily treated, and I lived to tell about it.

My MS has been pure HE!! at times, and there have been more then a few times that I wished something (that they could at least treat with morphine, so I'd be incoherant) would just "take me".

I went into a laser clinic yesterday to take to this guy (who used to be a doctor) about using laser to quit smoking. He said, "to help motivate you, think of the health aspects, blah, blah, blah". I turned to him and said, "It is the $$ that will motivate me personally, because I would much rather die from cancer then die a slow agonizing death from MS". He shook his head in agreement.

Not everyone with cancer has a VERY hard time, and certainly not everyone with MS does either. I think our perspective on this though, is all relative to our personal experiences with the diseases . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karilann View Post
At least in the long run, people were good to you when they knew you were ill....... you found that people are basically good.
Very good point!

Keri, hopefully after this is over, you won't be "disabled" enough to need much empathy . . . cause you will look and FEEL good.

Cherie

Last edited by lady_express_44; 09-05-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: sp again
lady_express_44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-05-2008), weegot5kiz (09-05-2008)