View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cherie,

The morphine didn't do anything for the numbness but every 3 hours when I called the nurse I got the morphine. It did take care of the nerve pain as well as the pancreas pain, and while they had my dose higher on it I didn't care about the numbness either.....

The blood levels were the key to them putting me RIGHT into the hospital though, it was the I THINK they called it the "Lipase levels" were all over the place and my PCP got me admitted immediately.

Get that blood work done Cherie, I didn't think they could get much from a BLOOD test either but aparently it was KEY to that diagnosis........

I wish you didn't have to go through that barage of testing when your blood could tell a bigger story....

Hope you continue to feel "OK" while waiting...

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post

Thanks Joe. I have a bunch of blood tests to be done too, but thought there was probably not much point until it was closer to the date where I was getting the ultrasound, barium, etc. I guess I'll do the blood tests next week too ....

The pain has let up a lot while I've been waiting for this testing, so I wonder if anything would show up at this point anyway. I suppose whatever the problem is will still show in my blood, even if the symptoms aren't as active . . .?

The morphine didn't help the TM neurological symptoms, did it?
Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote