Thread: Bull Dog
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prednisone

We had one Vincent in our riding group around a 1950 model "HRD" along with Matchless, AJS, Norton, Square Four, Harley, Royal Enfield, and a lot of Indians (Scouts, Warrior etc.) Harleys were not popular at that time and more complex to ride. Three of my friends raced Triumphs across the USA, the 500 CC models, they raced against the 45 Harleys and many other bikes.
(Dirt Tracks)

Anyway I was just put on Prednisone taking 10 MG a day along with my Mestinon 60 MG three times a day. With Mestinon I had no change for one month. We will see how Prednisone helps. How is your problem? Good that the Mestinon helped you.

Save your motors, you will ride again.

Bull Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctulin View Post
Good of you to notice but it is my 1948 Vincent. I have four Triumphs, too. I haven't been able to ride for the last year, since it doesn't feel safe any more and it actually makes me feel worse. I used to live for riding, but now I'm thinking aout selling the bikes. Major bummer. I saw Marty Dickerson a couple of days ago who raced Vincents at Bonneville for years and was a friend of Burt Munro of World's Fastest Indian fame. He set another record last year at age 80!
I just started gardening this year but it is no substitute for blasting down the road. It is difficult to adjust to this condition. Mestinon has made it possible for me to drive a car, but I haven't come close to returning to normal yet. I hope you get better.
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote