View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know if I've any soft plaque prob. The testing that was done didn't seem to encompass ruling in v. ruling out that potential . I think that the benefit, from a cardiologist's standpoint, in wanting the CT, is that its results are viewed in light of and in conjunction with additional cardio testing that's been done.

Before arranging the test, he (my cardio doc) had told me that he's not worried that I have cardio./artery plaque yet wants to be sure that I won't suddenly drop dead. I think that that relates to what you've stated about QTs, MrsD - which loop back monitoring definitely discerned. Knowing that my doc said that mine can worsen with stress (lovely ), I'm sure that I'll be able to come up with better questions to ask him when I see him.

I got myself excited, and it seems that was probably premature, over the results of my calcium score .

One of the doctor's comments, by the doctor who interpreted the CT stuff, stated that I should "exercise." Well, might be helpful if he had my med. records because his expert opinion differs vastly from that of my rheumatologist, which even my PCP had to have verified. He told me "no exercise" and confirmed that I had not misunderstood him.

Generally, I can understand how exercise is beneficial. For me? It will cause even more damage.

BTW: I was kinda disappointed. There are only 6 facilities in the region that do the CT heart scan. The policy of the scanning center is not to accept insurance, and that even goes for my cardiologist who is having the same test. Because of family history and related deaths, my insurance is covering the scan. But... I feel for people who cannot afford the testing out-of-pocket when it could help determine whether they've anything to worry about and whether they can make lifestyle changes. It needs to change.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (09-20-2008)