View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysD View Post
Yeah...for 'giggles' one day, I was flipping through that yearly planner. In the back of it was all the fine print. Patient Information(probably the stuff even our dr's don't read, ) pg 229...1/1000 "Endocrine:goiter, hyperthyroidism, and hypothyroidism" This is in the 2% of those reporting symptoms during the clinical trials....Apparently, it's OUR responsibility to read this section of the paraphenalia---according to the first page of Patient Information. The dr's are responsible for talking about IPIR's.

Now my stepmom was looking at my info one night. She noticed it{Copaxone} contains mannitol. That's supposed to slow the release of the meds through the kidneys??
My dad is a Nurse Anesthetist. When he saw that C contains mannitol, he had to tell me about all the uses for mannitol...something about it opening the blood brain barrier, and it also is used to lower intercranial pressures.

If they wanted me to read all that information, they could have done a better job of using larger print, maybe add a little white space to it (hit enter a few times so there's a break in the paragraphs more often)

I guess I'll be making an appointment to get my thyroid checked. Anyone else know of any other things I should have tested while I'm at it???

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (09-06-2008)