View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Kate -

As on of the slightly older hand who misses all the folk who don't come aroung here that often, it is wonderful to see not only your posting but your well done blog as well. Cheers!

I'm also happy to hear that your hysterectomy went well even though the ketamine is not as effective as it once was. Sadly, that appears to be the way of the world.

For me, I'm pushing to get into a round of ECT treatments (electroconvulsive therapy) using ketamine as the general anesthetic, where brain PET scans show almost identicle changes in regional cerebral blood flow - specificailly to areas of the brain that control "sympathetic tone" in blood vessels - so that the ketamine could be expected to have a catalytic affect on the ECT process, but I found out on Friday morning that that university hospital where it was going to be done regards the proceedure as sufficiently "non-standard" that it will have to be submitted to their "Institutional Review Board" (IRB) something that I understand can take over a year. So it goes, right? (Can't have fun all the time.)

Still, my two kids (15 and 10) are doing well, even of the eldist is really stressed about his new school term. And man do they pitch it fast!

be well,
Mike

Last edited by fmichael; 09-06-2008 at 01:56 AM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote