Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Thanks,this is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
pains in the chest can be from gas.

As we age we don't digest milk products well, and they can cause gas.

Also, people who are anxious often swallow air, without realizing it. Then they get gas pains if the gas gets trapped.

Gas-X is a simple remedy and works well. Most places have it, commonly in groceries and drugstores, etc.

If you have been worked up by a doctor when you have the pains, and heart issues are ruled out, then think gas. You should always have chest pain evaluated to rule out heart issues.

Some people do get inflammation of the cartilage in the ribs.
This is called costochondritis. It often responds to anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen. This type of pain does not go away with Gas-X treatment.
Thanks. This is different. The pain is in the middle of my chest,and goes to the left under my left ribs,and sometimes goes to the left part of my back. One time I thought I was having a heart attack,and the doctor gave me a very high dose of Xanax for several days,and that brought it under control.I sometimes pull those muscles around,and that relieves it a little. It's not from heart burn,though I do get heart burn from time,to time.

If I do something that causes anxiety,the pain will come,and sometimes get worse,and worse until I cease what I'm doing. To much reading causes it right now. But thanks for the possible cause. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (02-11-2009)