View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 08:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default TN

Hi y'all, It is six oclock here in Kansas and I wanted to write this before I start chores.
Although rare, you can have TN on both sides of the face. The sudden onset of TN for me has been on my left side, although it attacked every ounce of my
existence. It riddled me and spit me out.
I have found that there are Doctors out there that don't really know much about TN. When I went to the E.R. ( one time too many) the physician copied
the brochure I took out of my purse about Balloon compression.This is when the neurologist would insert a needle through the cheek to the base of the skull
and actually try to destroy the trigeminal nerve. Of course you are put to sleep
before this procedure occurs. I had three of these after my first microvascular decompression failed.
Find a neurologist that is perferably a surgeon, as they should have a bit more knowledge or experience with tic deloureaux. I saw two neurologists
before going to Mayo clinic in Rochester Minn. where I had two more brain surgeries, back to back. The last one having the trigeminal nerve severed,
leaving that side numb. Unfortunately I have the most dreaded complication of MVD' s, called Anesthesia Delorosa. This is a pain that no medicine can
touch and no surgery can help. I take 25 pills in a single day but still have pain 24/7. It is not the scary pain like TN but it is relentless. It does what it wants no matter what. The lightening like streaks of T.N. would scare me so
bad that I couldn't eat, talk , move. I became dehydrated and lost weight.
I guess when a person reads different info about T.N., it is not from actually listen to someone who has been through it.
I had one of the worst cases that Mayo clinic had ever seen. Not too many people know PAIN like that. I was in the pain unit and kept being told To breathe as I would barely take a breath.
These were the darkest days in my life and We ( my husband and I ) make the two hour trip to Kansas city to see my psychologist. His program is for people who have cronic pain and how to cope with it day after day after day
after day.
I really hope you will be put on a med that works for you. Try seeing a neurologist if possible. Ask a lot of questions until you are satisfied with the answers. Remember, the Doctor is working for you.
Doodle bug7................remember...friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are there.
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-06-2008)