Thread: Thyroid Issue
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thyroid Issue

Since gaz_gtr has an issue with his thyroid I though I might ask a question...

I had a thyroid test done 1 month ago which indicated my Free T4 was 1.22 and my TSH level was 0.17. My endo has adjusted my medication. I had an appt. yesterday and my levels are still the same.

I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease at 30 and then 3 years later I had a partial thyroidectormy. A few weeks ago I celebrated the 20th anniversary of my 30th birthday which tells you I have had this med. issue quite a while. I get a physical in Jan. of each year and at that time my GP indicated that all was fine so I don't really know how long I have had the elevated levels. My thyroid has enlarged just a bit and I shared this with my doc in Jan. She agreed with me about the enlargement, did the thyroid test, and indicated that we would watch it for a while. I had always assumed that an enlarged thyroid indicated thyroid levels out of adjustment. Am I wrong?

Now, what I really want to know is, could these minor elevated levels be the culprit behind my PN?

I can tell that my PN getting worse and I seem to be obsessed with finding the little devil that caused this... I am driving my docs nuts! But, I figure that's what they get the big bucks for.

By the way, I have been examined by drs., 6 times since my Jan. appt with my GP. Not one of them mentioned my enlarged thyroid...
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote