View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Survived IEP, so far, but

the school's social worker was out with a family ER so there was nothing to sign and I, the teacher consultant, and her will meet next Thursday to go over everything. I went to Kinko's yesterday morning and printed out a bunch of brochures, Educating the Child with Bipolar Disorder and handed a few out at the meeting and made sure I had enough for the teachers also.

I was not happy that there are some things they wouldn't let me change despite what the advocate said. Lord I so wish she could have been there with me. I found that I was having a hard time expressing myself. I think we did pretty good though. This year is a critical year for him and this time I came prepared. Lots of notes, printouts, and looked at his IEP folder and his cume.

I walked into the office the other day and asked to see his cume and she looked at me and said huh? His what? So I slowly explained I wanted to look at his school file, not the pretty one that you show the students and parents, I want to see everything you have on him. Teacher notes, complaints, opinions, the works. They wouldn't let me look at it alone, a secretary sat with me but she loves my son and was awesome and we talked quietly about all kinds of things regarding the teachers and kids. When I asked to see the IEP folder they said I was the first to ask for that. I was able to sit alone and they printed out a bunch of info that my son's mental health facility didn't give me yet gave to them. It has diagnosis in it that I was never made aware and all kinds of notes.

Now that I think about it they have to have another folder there because nowhere in there did I see a record of any of the incidences where he has gotten suspended in and out of school. Arguments with teachers. Krikey I am just now thinking of this. Any idea of where this would be kept anyone?

I can access that before next Thursday.

Anyway, thank you Lori for the help and the PM. I hope all is going well for you.

All of yous that helped get me through this part I so appreciate it. Now, can you help me get through the next school year LOL!!??