View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

As I was dealing with these people today, even though I have before, these people really are trying to make accomodations. I think he has a good schedule. We talked about last year having some teachers that were not making allowances for my son's needs under his IEP and instead of my son letting someone know he was just becoming defiant, angry and frustrated. Wouldn't do the work, regularly found excuses to miss the class by doing things like sitting in the office waiting to talk to his very busy counselor (on purpose he would sit there forever). This time after I brought it up he was told if he has any problem with a teacher not following the IEP then he is to go tell someone. Fortunately the two principals this year have been promoted and the jerk from last year was promoted out. My son likes them and it is mutual.

I think they are trying hard to accommodate him while at the same time stay within the districts rules. IT is just a matter of getting a stressed, tired, angry, depressed, hormonal teen to care enough, and to understand that we are all trying here.

I actually unloaded on him one day after he started yelling about forget it he wasn't going back to that school and it was stupid, he just wanted to quit and get his GED. I started crying and told him fine, then I can quit, I don't have to do this anymore. If he isn't going to make the effort then I am not going to make the effort. I was doing all of this for him.

I hadn't meant to unload on him but he was being a jerk, a demanding, the world owes me everything, surly teenager and I had had enough. He stormed out but came back a short time later and apologized.

I asked at the IEP what happens if it doesn't work out and they said that we can meet again no problem. I really do believe this can work if the kid makes the effort. HE is so tired. I will be glad when this is all over for him.