View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OMG what a hassle LOL. Call Magnavox (Phillips) cause after almost 3 weeks we have gotten nothing. They forgot to send order to distribution. That is taken care of. Comes about 5 days later.

Okay, I get my replacement, different style because the original has been discontinued. I open the box and notice that one of the buttons is a little cockeyed, no tittering boys, so I stand it on it's end to like push the side of the button and the whole face of the unit comes off in my hand. I was so shocked I stood there with it while my brain is processing what the heck is going on. The box doesn't look damaged so all I can think of is that they dropped it while putting it in the box or Fed Ex dropped it flat on it's side. So I pack it up carefully and call them and tell them that there are also no shipping labels that I was supposed to get. So they are going to email me the labels and I can just put them on the unit, send it back and they will send the others for my original unit with another replacement unit.

3 days no emailed labels, call and email address is wrong, she spells first part and then says sbcglobal.net. First part spelled wrong. Fix. Wait. 3 days. Call back. What email are you sending it to? Spells first part says sbcglobal.net. First part is right, can you spell the second part instead of saying, s b c g o b a l . n e t. DUH!!!!!

So get labels within the hour and then about 20 minutes later there is FedEx with my new unit. With new labels for my first unit.

Whatever happened to competency and quality. Now you can bet that if each of those people pretended that that product was going to their sainted grandmother that there would have been no problem and I would have gotten it in a timely manner.

Okay fine, I am lucky they had replaced it but that DVD recorder was only a little over 2 years old.

Anyway all is finally well and we are no longer playing musical DVD/VHS player.

I hope you all have luck, I recommended calling and not emailing. An email can be deleted but talking to someone on the phone, those people are trained to make the customer happy and keep them coming back. I only called to complain and find out when we had sent it in for repair.

houghchrst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote