View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb plants on vacation 2008--toonies

I had some great luck with petunias this season.

By accident I was shopping in a local nursery before I left and found a new fertilizer... Super Blossom (that you mix with water). What made it super was the middle number= 52 !
The highest I have seen otherwise was 30. So for 10 bucks it was worth a try. Well, it just gave gorgeous results.

Petunias are heavy feeders, and for example New Wave (which I had some of--recommend weekly feeding). So I did that with the new 10-52-10 formula of Super Blossom.

This is the result:

The middle number reflects phosphate which plants use to make flowers. The first number is the nitrogen concentration for leaf growth, and the third number is potassium for root formation. I didn't use this full strength since I was using
containers.

I'll come back to this thread with a before/after example, but I can't just swing it today, time wise.

I think this fertilizer is just fabulous, esp for the stressful situation my toonies are in up there!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-29-2008 at 06:06 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote