View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 03:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kate,
So good to hear from you & to know you are doing better. Sorry about that fall. Doesn't sound like it was much fun................ Those are never much fun. The last 2 months have been better for me as far as pain is concerned but not sure why. Maybe the heat, maybe because I am a bit more relaxed. Trying not to worry too much about the future has helped & also I finished filling out the recertification forms for Long Term Disability. I do always hate those things. I don't know why they have me fill them out anyway. I sure as heck don't think they read them. I reread the other two I filled out & sent in & they said almost the same thing & they sure didn't make any difference. They go by what the doctor says anyway not what I say. I tell them I fall asleep whether sitting straight up or lying down or anywhere in between so no way can I do a job. In 7 yrs I will loose that money anyway once I hit retirement age & I was sweating what would happen to us then but decided to stop doing that. Alot can happen in the next 7 yrs.

Hope you continue to do well after your surgery & sure hope your RSD pai goes down too. I had a hysterectomy in my early 30's due to cancer, but have remained cancer free ever since. They caught it early as I was having PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) & when it would hit they would do a PAP smear. One month it was dysplasia (cells not cancerous but could turn that way) & 3 months later full blown cancer. I kept my ovaries from 1986 to 1993 then had one blow up & almost bled to death, but having had 2 previous abdominal surgeries saved my life. The internal scar tissue that forms from having surgery walled my lower abdomen off & when that filled with blood from the ovarian artery it turned into a blood clot (the size of a babies head). Cause it was almost 36 hours from the time it happened till the time they did surgery. They thought I had one of those crazy tumors women get that grow really huge really quickly. Boy they were in for a surpise when they opened me up. If not for the adhesions I would have died in my bed sometime after I went to bed on Sunday night (btw the ovary blew on Mother's Day 1986. Did it hurt?? Hell yah!! But I had also been having ovarian cysts burst every couple of months & that is exactly what happened when my ovary blew up. A huge cyst had burst it open. I did have a gigantic tolerance to pain back then due to having Fibromyalgia my whole life. I thought everyone hurt day in & day out when I was DX'ed with that in 1989. Much to my surprise I found out that not everyone hurt like I did on a daily basis. I have had a difficult life of pain my whole life. I should write a book maybe huh??? How It Is to Hurt Your Whole Damn Life *LOL*

Take care kiddo,
DebbyV

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote