View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh yah,
I just remembered what I used along with Vicodin or Norco for Fibro pain. I use to give myself IM Shots of Toradol. Toradol is an injectible anti-inflammatory medication. I was getting it originally for a headache caused by whiplash from a car accident I was in in 1991. Had that headache for over 7 yrs all told. But it seemed to help the muscle aches I had from Fibromyalgia also. My doctor back in Iowa sent me to the hospital & had one of the OR nurses teach me how to give myself IM injections in my thights. It was one of the most difficult things I had ever done sticking a 1 1/2" needle into my thigh but the headaches were so bad I did it anyway. Sometimes the thought of hitting the ER to have a shot of Toradol just wasn't feasible. It also saved us alot of medical bills.

But I don't think it is anything that anyone would want to use who has RSD. I know I have NOT used it since RSD found my body. But I also don't notice my Fibro pain like I use to either. RSD pain so over rides the Fibro most of the time.

As far as the difference in RSD vs Fibro pain, well the burning pain is not a pain I would describe as ever having when I just had Fibro. I would get the tingling & numbnes, but at the same time deep deep muscle aches with Fibro. Also the tender points were like HOLY COW!! hurt to have touched, yet sometimes having them rubbed really really hard hurt soooooooooooooooo gooooooooood.

I just wanted to share what else I use to do for Fibro pain.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desi (09-07-2008)