View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sandra,

I dealt with all of that in 98 when I started having chest pains. I had a treadmill test which I didn't pass and then they did another test where they shot meds in me to slow my heart down and then I had to go back later in the day for them to put meds in to speed it up. They said I'd had an Ischemic attack.

I was sent to another hospital in another town that specializes in heart problems and they ran that tube up my vein in my right hip and you get to see it on TV. I can't think of the name of that test to save my life. They put me on meds such as Imdur, nitroglyerin and other meds. I would rather die then take those meds. I had the worst headache of my life. They also diagnosed me with Coronary artery disease also.

A lot of the chest pain comes with Fibro and RSD and TOS so they have a hard time trying to seperate them. It took me 5 years to get all of that chest pain calmed down to some extent. I even had surgery to have 3 inches of muscle taken out from under my left arm. I have many triggerpoint injections into my left chest to calm it down also. I still have it but it's not near as bad. I do have a heart Dr. that oversees my care but I won't take their meds.

I am hoping for you that they will find out it is minimal with the heart and most of it will be from the other things I have mentioned. Another cause of chest pain is costocondritis. None of them are fun but hopefully it will be the other things besides major heart problems.

I'm telling you this so you will see that this is a possibility and you won't worry as much. It's good that they are taking all of the precautions to seperate the problems.

I do hope you will get some rest and don't worry so much. That's not good for you either.

Feel better soon.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote