View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb it is a cute idea...

But I wonder if a compromise would be easier for her?

You could make a "deal"...only use the pacifier at home, or
at night? Then slowly enlarge the places where she no longer uses it?

Small kids are not easy to reason with. And anything affecting a comfy item really affects them. When my son was 4 and was going to have surgery on his adenoids and ears.. the hospital allowed the kids to bring their comfy thing to the surgery! It was taken away when the sedative was administered and given back in recovery.

We were lucky with pacifiers...my son spit them out at about 3 months. He was a preemie and the hospital got him started on a pacifier there. We didn't know this, and they didn't send it home. Little did I know it had to be a certain type...the kind with a ball on the end. I recall my poor husband driving all over buying one of every type to get my 4.5 lb newly home infant to accept!

My son's comfy object was "tiny pillow"...a small Winnie the Pooh thing I received at a shower. It was very small, just enough to hug!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote