View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Kewlbutterfly,
I am coming out out of the closet to let you know that I am living with A.D.
I take a multitude of pills each day but I am proud to say that I am off the narcotics such as methodone and oxycontin.
After the nightmare of severe T.N., I would choose the pain of A.D. over T.N.
any day. Those lightening like bolts of T.N. reduced me to a skinny, neurotic,
hopeless shell of a person who couldn't or wouldn't speak or eat. I had an MVD in Kansas city that totally failed . I had three balloon compressions, where they put a needle through my cheek to the base of the skull in hopes they can
destroy the trigeminal nerve. Those failed, so we were headed to Mayo clinic in Minnesota. They said that I had the worst case of T.N. they ever saw. I was scheduled for surgery where they partially cut the trigeminal nerve. This threw me into so much pain that they put me in the pain unit. Two days later they took me back into surgery where the last option played it's hand. They severed the Trigeminal nerve. I was in Mayo for three weeks where the pain of A.D. had just begun. No one would give me a straight answer about this.
You know I spent four years not knowing what this pain was called (A.D). I hated anything and everything about T.N. and never wanted to hear about it, read about it or see anything about it. These few years past and one day I went to the computer and typed in "T-r-i-g-e-m-i-n-a-l n-e-u-r-a-l-g-i-a
I then somehow got sent to Neuro Talk and and found other people dealing with T.N. and I was NOT ALONE. I felt like I was ready to heal. The dreaded complication was called Anesthesia Delorosa and there was people out there
( although not many ) living with it.
I know I have come a long way. Each month, my husband drives me to K.C. to see my psychologist whose practice is for people living with chronic pain.
Take care and let me know how things are going OK? The support of Neuro Talk will be with you every step (even baby steps) of the way.
Truely a believer, Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (08-21-2009), ShaggyChic_1201 (10-22-2014)