View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=used to be;362998]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather View Post
Hi Jeannie. As for the nerve blocks I have had three Sympethiact Nerve Blocks in the time from the end of May to the begining of July this year. They helped with improve the tempetaure and dull or slow the pain for a while. I found that they helped because for a while there the air was burning my skin. I use crutches to walk mainly, sometimes I will try and walk with out it since I have been told that if you don't use it could lose the abilty to.
I am really not able to walk or sit for more than about an hour because of the swelling increases the pain. The problem is when I do try to walk my ankle has something pop in it and then it swells for days and bruises.

I am so glad you replied it helps to have someone who understands.

Feather[/

Hi Feather, In your post you don't mention physical therapy. Have you tried that yet. It's usually the first thing they try around here. A good therapist will work along with your ortho doctor and if they feel some type of orthodic will help you they will get it for you. Also, have you tried a TENS unit. Some of the nice folks on here have had relief from using them. You are right that it is important to try to use the RSD limb. I give it a try every AM and every Pm for a half hour at a time. It doesn't make it any better but I like to think that it keeps it from getting worse. The rest of the time I use my brace and my cane to cover short distances and my scooter or wheelchair for longer distances . Don't overdo it though. I find that when I push too hard the pain increases and becomes hard to take. Hope this helps a little..Jeannie
Hi Jeannie,

I keep asking about physical therapy and have been of no success in recieving any; keep getting told that there is not a lot to be done. Finally in August I decided I need to at least do some minor strechting and non-standing excersise. I figured I need to do something to slow down the muscle mass that I have started to loose in my calf and thigh. I am not sure what a TENS Unit is could you please enlighten me? I am going to the pain clinic sometime this week and my Ortho in 2 weeks. This way I can ask them about these things. I know that my Ortho has not worked with RSD before, I was sent to him to see if he would do surgery thankfully he said no not possible. After the short term working of the Sympethicat Nerve Blocks ( Lumbar) I was trying to see if I could do Ketamine, instead was refered to a psychologist for Bio-feedback whom told me that she did not think I was in bad enough pain for that. The other day I spoke with someone who said she did warm water therapy an that it helped alot.

Have a wonderful day.
Feather
Feather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote