View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetherams
Hello there. I am new to this board. But I love this thread. I have 4 dogs. I started with Kylie who was a Sheltie. She was my girl for 13 years. It was a cute name that suited her. While she was still alive I got:

Nikki Wikki - female Papillon I raised. She is now 3. She is such a love bug. I just wanted something that rhymed and Wikki just went with Nikki.

Speedy Petey - male Papillon I raised and he is now 2. Little Commander Speedy boy. It really suits him and I was going with the rhyming thread.

Kylie then died of old age. So I adopted:

Gladdie Maddie - grey Italian greyhound female. She is 4. She is so funny and not a thing bothers her. Again with the rhyming theme and it really suits her too.

And last but not least I just a couple of months ago got:

Wyatt Earp - 5 month old red stag Min pin with natural ears. I couldn't think of something to call him and with his sweet and enjoyable but very spirited personality. It really fits him.

That's my little people family. I also have 2 teenage sons Seth and Nate.

Have a great night.

Hugs,

Danielle
Hi Danielle!

I have a male papillion too, nice to meet another pap person!

Mine is Rudy, he's a rescue. A local agency picked him up from a shelter where he'd been dropped off (a kill shelter, no less
).

He had a different name when I got him, but I thought Patches was awful, considering those people treated him like something patched, worn, disposable.

His eyes are so intense, I decided to name him Rudy after Rudolph Valentino, the old movie star. He literally has eyebrows and he'll raise one when you talk to him.

We adopted a male Pomeranian before that. He's black, and dd named him Ozzy. She's an Ozzy Osbourne fan, and when she found out Sharon loves Poms, that seemed to fit.

My Jenday conure (parrot) is Jake Murphy. Jake because we kept calling names and that was the only one he liked, and Murphy he just started saying one day. I asked if that was his last name and he nodded.

I've been calling him Murphy ever since.

We had his sister, Goldie, until she passed away. When we got her, they looked at each other like they were freaking out because they looked almost identical. Then Goldie said "Murphy?"

And jake said "MURPHY???"

And they yelled Murphy back and forth, it was too funny.

Typical brother and sister, they hated each other.

Jesse the cockatiel did not take sides, but Minnie the lovebird, who detests Jake, LOVED Goldie. When Goldie died, Minnie sat in the corner for a week making the saddest sounds. My heart broke for her. Nothing I could do to get her to eat. I was afraid she'd die, too.

I went in there for days and played music for her, and she is still a little sad. But it seemed to help. Let it Be got me through some tough times, and it seems to soothe her too. She whistles along when I play it. And sometimes I hear her whistling a bit of it in the morning before I feed them.