View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Feather;363499]
Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post

Hi Jeannie,

I keep asking about physical therapy and have been of no success in recieving any; keep getting told that there is not a lot to be done. Finally in August I decided I need to at least do some minor strechting and non-standing excersise. I figured I need to do something to slow down the muscle mass that I have started to loose in my calf and thigh. I am not sure what a TENS Unit is could you please enlighten me? I am going to the pain clinic sometime this week and my Ortho in 2 weeks. This way I can ask them about these things. I know that my Ortho has not worked with RSD before, I was sent to him to see if he would do surgery thankfully he said no not possible. After the short term working of the Sympethicat Nerve Blocks ( Lumbar) I was trying to see if I could do Ketamine, instead was refered to a psychologist for Bio-feedback whom told me that she did not think I was in bad enough pain for that. The other day I spoke with someone who said she did warm water therapy an that it helped alot.

Have a wonderful day.
Feather

Hi Feather,......A tens machine is used to deliver a small electrical current to the injured site through electrodes that are placed on the area. They are used most commonly by physical therapists and chiropractors but you can get a smaller version for home use. I tried the warm water therapy in a heated pool as well. It does allow you to exercise the limb with far less pain but as soon as I got out of the water the pain crept back in and by the time I made it to the changing room I was right back where I started from. But I didn't try it until a year after the injury so you may have better results. Hope this helps...........Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote