View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thank you everyone I knew I could count on you to help lift my spirits!!

In answer some of your responses yes I have had a Fasting oral glucose tolerance test and I failed it !! so according to my PCP I have diabetes. However, I have since lost about 60lbs. Exercise everday (or when I can) even if it kills me and believe me it does My blood pressure has normalized and I no longer need meds for it and my glucose levels are ALWAYS normal. Fasting, 1-2 hours after eating and random. Even after eating high carb, high sugar foods. of course I have those symptoms I've mentioned.
Another thing that is strange is that after I do it eat food like that i get this weird taste in my mouth almost like acetone? which might suggest DKA but when I test my glucose it is normal and I know my glucometer is working correctly. If my sugar is spiking i have been unable to catch it.

I am also on disability and I do have a Dx which came from my pain doctors and they are, bilateral upper extremity and neck pain, low back pain, bilateral lower extremity pain, cervical lumbar degenerative disc disease and sensorimotor neuropathy. but according to everyone else I don't have any of these even though I have a small disc hernaition at C3 - C5 and at L5-S1 and neuropathy confirmed by EMG/NCV. I do think the neuropathy has become better because my feet don't hurt like they once did but they are still numb and I also have this wierd cold water, creeping crud feeling over my right leg and foot too and I don't have RLS according to a sleep study I've had. and a new EMG/NCV test showed NO neuropathy !
The disc degeneration isn't a disease because everyone has a form of it according to some doctors I've seen The disc herniation are also too small and don't appear to be affecting any nerves or nerve roots or so I have been told but it does impinge upon the thecal sac and to me appears to be causing stenosis.
(I don't know what the policy is on other websites but I have some images of my cervical MRI showing this and if I can post the link I would like to show them to whoever is interested)

Sigh, I guess it is good enough for the pain clinic and the social security admin but not for anyone else. The thing is after hearing from all these doctors about it I myself am begining to think that they may be right.

Thanks again everyone

"Update: I have been Dx'd with Lyme Disease and it is more than likely chronic"

Last edited by Quahog; 11-09-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Quahog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote