View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My post began this thread and described my positive experience in a 2-level cervical microforaminotomy with Dr Jho. This is literally the first time I've logged on to this site since October 2007, and I'm now 5-1/2 years post-op and feel that I'm doing even better. The fact that I so infrequently visit sites like this is a reflection of how little I ever think of myself now as a cervical patient. I feel compelled to add a post to this thread because of all the Dr Jho bashing that has ensued since then. It is not my intention to minimize anybody else's direct experience with Dr Jho. But I do find some of the negative posts from those without that experience both questionable and potentially unhelpful. I understand that no doctor is perfect and every doctor will have some percentage of cases with a negative outcome. But I am convinced beyond a doubt that the negative posters in this thread have skewed the facts resulting in a misrepresentation of an excellent neurosurgeon offering a pivotal minimally invasive spinal procedure.

Some folks mentioned that they couldn't get answers from Dr Jho and my experience couldn't have been more different. In all my discussions with Dr Jho, I always felt that he was giving me all the time in the world to ask whatever questions I had in mind and he patiently gave me complete, detailed answers. I have somewhat of a medical background, and in my pre-op consultation I felt reassured and confident that I was in the best of hands.

I think all the various surgical procedures have their place. For some conditions, an ACDF or laminectomy is the best approach. But based on my experience, for herniations like I suffered, it makes no sense to use such invasive procedures that drastically change your anatomy and entail a much more extended/involved recovery. When it's a more mature procedure, artificial cervical disc replacement is the only invasive option that I would consider for this condition.

Wishing everyone a successful, pain-free outcome whatever you decide!

Last edited by barryg; 09-08-2008 at 04:50 AM.
barryg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote