View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Feather, six to eight months is far too long to wait. Look up Dr. Michael Stanton-Hicks at the Cleveland Clinic. They are very experienced in CRPS/RSD at the Cleveland Clinic and will help guide you to in deciding on the best treatment plan of action. I have CRPSII in my arm due to a failed ulnar nerve surgery that impinged my ulnar nerve farther up the arm. I had a second surgery five months later that spread the RSD but improved the burning nerve pain in the compressed area of the nerve. Had I known about Cleveland Clinic at the time, I would have gone there for help and would have had my second surgery there. They have a team in place that can use the proper blocks, etc. if a surgery is critical to your case. However, if not critical, experts say never operate on an RSD patient. I wish I had gone there sooner. It was only after two other RSD patients recommended I go there that I made the effort. It required travel and overnight stays, but it is well worth it. I am going back in October because I have a bone tumor on my other hand and I need surgery. They will prep me for months in advance before they go forward with it. Like you, my RSD in not "cyto protected" enough to have a surgery. CC is the place for me to get that in place before I proceed.

I hope this helps you.
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote