View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi RD42, (these monikers, I shall have to replace ...

Aftermathman with my real name soon) ..

I was dx'ed at 40, so not at your stage of life but not a million miles away.

This question is so difficult to answer as a decision to have kids is a private one between two people, (hopefully !!).

There are financial, relationship, practical issues to consider and PD is just one more thing to think about.

All I will say is that I have found my kids remarkably accepting of my PD. They help me when I ask, (e.g. going to the store, I hate packing the bags), and seem generally unphased. Considering they were 10 and 12 at dx, they were old enough to know what it meant but still adapted brilliantly, better than some of my adult friends.

Recently my eldest got upset when her school showed a video on PD during a Biology lesson, but that is an exception.

In my experience kids adapt and remember any new ones will not know differently. Also at 31 you shouldn't give up on living a life, you get 10 years from the drugs, more from DBS and by then, who knows ??? (you may be dead knocked over by a bus).

Hope this helps and I stress non of the above is any recommendation one way or the other for your decision, that is one only you can make.

Take care,
Aftermathman
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote