View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Problems with friends...

Does anyone else have issues with their friends that don't have RSD? I am in a bit of a slump because I tripped over some toys my kids had pulled out, so I have been in bed. My best friend comes over and is going on and on about being depressed since school is out, and how all she wants to do is sleep. She goes on and on about it. I am sitting there thinking "really?" Try having a real issue like not being able to walk or get out of bed, not being able to take care of your kids or leave your house. But then I feel bad and think "this is so not fair to her, I am not even trying to understand were she is coming from or what she is going through" But I still can't help but get a little upset at her for the whole thing. Oh then her dog poops on my floor, but since she is asleep and in a bad mood I clean it up. Am I really wrong in my feelings? I invited her over to watch football since she wants to get into it this year. When I ask her if she is enjoying the game this is how it goes...
me- So do you like football?
her- well I don't know whats going on so whatever
me- would you like me to explain it?
her- no

This is how it has been for the last week or so. I am almost to the point of telling her to get over it, but what good would that do? I would just hurt my friendship, and I don't have many friends so I don't want to hurt any friendships I do have.
What do I do? Am I being a really bad friend?
Loving mother of Baby D (3 months)

I have the support of a loving husband, and two wonderful children. They make me get out of bed everyday, and fight the pain of RSD
GJmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote