Thread: Vitamin D
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vitamin d levels should be on the HIGH side for MS folks.

That usually means taking some Vitamin D3 in the amount of 4,000/5,000 IEUs daily.

That 50,000 Vit D stuff is Vitamin D2 which is the ONLY Rx stuff available. It may work and fix the problem BUT it is a poor version for HUMANS.

Taking Vitamin D3 is MUCH MUCH BETTER.

Vitamin D3 levels at 100 will greatly lower MMP-9s (the stuff that makes holes in the BBB Blood Brain Barrier and then cuts myelin into three pieces for lunch by other invaders who get into the brain via the hole it just made.)

ALSO - VERY IMPORTANT - at 100 level it (Vitamin D3 and related components) causes the BRAIN to really produce lots of NGF - Nerve Growth Factor. Great stuff for those small MS Brain repair jobs. (pun intended)

The upper limit for us poor sick MS folks is 10,000 IEUs. This is also the upper limit for Normals but I wanted the MS folks to feel SPECIAL.

I can post all the studies but it is all in NLM http://www.pubmed.gov and since I have posted this many times for the last 10 years I would prefer someone else visit the magic place I get all this good info.

jackD
jackD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (09-08-2008)