View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb there are Friends and then there are "friends"

From what you are posting, I think your "friend" is not being a friend to YOU.

There is a really good book out there in paperback and not expensive called:

When Friendships Hurt-- By Jan Yaeger.
Check it out at Amazon. I have read and reread this book several times. I get something new from it each time too!

This book is very thorough and really an eye opener. So many people cling to others for various reasons. This subject is quite complex, but we all encounter self centered people who wear us down. When YOU are struggling with pain and health issues, you don't need people around to make you feel worse. Being ill puts alot of strain on friendships, as well.
If you are asking yourself, if you are a good friend, I'd suspect you are one. It is the people who DO NOT ask this question who turn out to be less than supportive to others.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (09-10-2008)