View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Emergency construction project

This old grey mare sure ain't what she used to be!

Yesterday afternoon we noticed that the far side of our little barn had started to rot, partly because of my flowers crowding too close and partly because of Bob's banking the sides with snow, I guess.

Anyway, we noticed that "something" has been digging into the side of the barn, pulling out insulation, and making a hole into where the chickens are!! Probably something BAD!

Bob's thinking weasel, which would be the worst case scenario. I'm hoping something medium bad, like a rat or a squirrel.

We realized that if we waited and "it" is a weasel, we could wake up to all dead chickens this morning, so the project began.

I went around cutting back and pulling up plants (we're talking the length and front side of the barn, so 28' altogether) and Bob dug up all the sod/roots and the cedar logs, wheelbarrowed all the stuff across the road, and hauled rocks, etc. Then I helped him put small chicken wire around the two sides.

Those are the basics, but it was a three hour project, and we're both whipped! Bob could hardly move this morning, but at least he didn't have a heart attack, and nothing got in the barn during the night.

Whoo-eeee. The hardest part was not letting Bob see how tired I was getting!

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (09-09-2008), SandyC (09-08-2008), Twinkletoes (09-09-2008), Vonn07 (09-09-2008), weegot5kiz (09-09-2008)