View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
hello,
I use to live in Storm Lake IA. And I was born & raised in the Sioux City area. What part of IA are you from? I am surprised Iowa City didn't know more than they do. I would guess the Mayo Clinic is a pretty good place to go.

I didn't have RSD when living in IA. I am in North/Central CA. Live about 50 miles east of Sacrament on Hiway 50.

DebbyV

ps btw I have RSD in both feet since '03. Thankfully I have little to no spread. What spread I started to have we nipped in the bud with SGB's. upper nerve blocks for my hands.
Hello

I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa it is about 25 minutes from Iowa City. I went there before the referal to Mayo Clinic. The Doctor I saw for 5 minutes said that she does not know how I could be diagnosed with RSD if I had not had surgery on the tear of the tendon yet. She stated that I had to have surgery as it is a requirement of the defenition of RSD, she told me to go have sugery and then when I need her to come back.

The next day when I saw the nureologist she said that she is supprissed at the response given at the U of I as it goes against everything she has read about this and to go to the Mayo Clinic.
Feather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote