Thread: Hello?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

Thanks to all of you for the welcome and advice. My fiance' and I went to his pain doc Thursday for his first nerve block. I had no idea it was going to be so bad for him.
He had a terrible reaction to the meds that were supposed to relax him, and the injected steroids pooled under his diaphragm and caused him to be very short of breath and have terrible pain in his arm.
He was so nauseated and had horrible tremors. He's still having horrible tremors and his pain and sensitivity are both worse than before the block.
Has anyone else had a reaction similar to this? his doc wants to do another block, and he says no way.. he's a tough guy, and he rarely complains much about his pain. He literally thought he was dying the night of the block.
The swelling and color were much better on saturday, but the pain was worse, and when he woke up yesterday (sunday), the color and swelling were as bad as before, but his sensitivity is so bad now..and it wasn't before, probably thanks inpart to his constantly wearing an air cast. Now he cant stand the air cast on his leg. His knee is also really swollen and throbbing.
This has not been a good experience for him at all..and i don't know what to do now!
Rita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote