View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Husband has AD, and I think we've actually found something that works--for him

Hello, Everyone,
I found this thread when I googled Anesthesia Dolorosa.
My husband has had AD for the last nine years. He has tried gamma knife and had no luck. Otherwise, after trying various drugs and drug combinations he used such high doses of Neurontin that he was asleep or on stimulants all of the time. (Much bad cardiological fall out from that. Don't try it.) And he was still in pain a lot.
At any rate, in July my brother-in-law sent me this article from the New Yorker about sensor syndromes and mirror therapy. At the end of it, this docotor, V.S. Ramachandran suggests a kind of mirror therapy for a woman who was suffering from numbness in her scalp due to shingles. We realized that the same therapy might work for AD, as long as it was done on the face. It involves using a non-reversed mirror and having someone else touch your face while you are watching them do it for 10-15 minutes several times a day. I know this sounds wacky, but we figured, "what the heck?"
Even wackier is that it seems to have worked. My husband was pain free within 2-3 days and Neurontin-free within five weeks. We are hoping this might help others and want to spread the word. to anyone you know who is living with AD or treating it who might be open to it. Let us know if it works for you.
We still can't believe it!
Thanks and Blessings.
taylorschott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (08-21-2009)