View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default clinic crowding

I had my third infusion today. What a nightmare. There are 4 infusion chairs in the MS clinic. All were taken when I got there, and most of the infusees (what to call them??) had just started. And I was on time!! I had to sit on this tiny old couch across from the chairs (no stretching out, no space to put my stuff, no back support) for the first 45 mins of my infusion, after waiting 30 mins. to begin with on the ratty couch. A relative of a patient was sitting next to me (it could only fit 2, and barely) and her stinky perfume was kicking up my allergies. I was so cranky!!! They claim they didn't overbook but that the clinic has too many infusion people now, only 1 nurse, some people come late, and they really need to expand space. I made a fuss at first, so 30 mins. into my infusion they kicked a guy out of the chair to wait out his last 45 mins on the couch. I felt bad but on the other hand I was stressed out about being there and wanted my cozy chair where I could lean back, close my eyes and pretend I wasn't surrounded by people with walkers and wheelchairs and hide under my blanket. I did start to tear up a little.

Anyhow, I'm feeling crummy after this infusion. Nausea, headache, muscle aches, and drowsy of course. Kind of like mild interferon flu. The first and second ones were a piece of cake. Is it normal to have some side effects on a 3rd infusion if you were fine for the first 2? I guess the Ty. is building up in my body?? maybe producing some side effects now? I did read it takes 6 months for the body to build up a steady state of the drug.

Help, I'm having a panic moment! You know, like I'll have flu symptoms from Ty from now on or I'll develop antibodies and have to go off and there are no other drugs for me that my body can take and the MS will get worse and I'll have to quit my job and I'll get more depressed etc. etc........ can you say catastrophizing? I'm worried as I have to teach two college classes tomorrow. What if I have to cancel the early one if I don't feel better tomorrow? Mondays are the only day I can go for infusions. I'm feeling guilty if I have to cancel. Ugh. Just one of those days.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (10-24-2008), Victor H (09-09-2008)