View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default I have my Laptop!

My new laptop arrived yesterday and I wanted to let you all know that I have it up and running now, and to thank you all for your input.

I must admit that (because I'm on a pension) cost was one element that was important when I was choosing which one to buy, and although I bought the more expensive one (Dell), I feel I well and truly got value for money spent. There was a 3 day offer on where I got a free upgrade from 250GB to 320GB hard drive so I accepted that one. There were no other offers on the website at the time, that I could see.

I was however, a bit cross yesterday when the laptop arrived because there was a printer/scanner delivered as well. I already have a printer/scanner in good working order and I definitely did not order another one. I phoned my bank to see exactly how much was charged to my credit card only to find that the only charge was the original one quoted for the laptop.

It seems they have not charged me anything for the printer/scanner. I checked the delivery docket and it says....."limited offer" beside the printer. It appears that this is a freebie but just incase it's not, I'm leaving it packed in it's box until I receive the sales docket in a couple of days time. Then and only then will I unpack it and connect it to my desk top.

This is my very first ever laptop and I'm still in learning mode! I have not yet worked out how to use the right click option without a mouse, or how to open two pages at once. There is so much still to learn. I'm on cable as well, so the next thing is I have to go to Wireless so I can make my laptop mobile.

Anyway....just wanted to thank you all, and let you know that I have my new toy! My only dissappointment now is that I wish I had ordered that pretty pink instead of plain old white!

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (09-09-2008)