Thread: Hello?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 02:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rita!

Welcome to our little corner of the world. I am sorry to hear what your fiance is going through, but there is one glimmer of hope that a lot of us never had the opportunity for, and that is he is getting seen right away.

Research shows that people that get treatment in the first 6 months can get the RSD into remission. Most of us didnt even find out we have RSD until we had it for a year or more. For me it was 3 1/2 years, so he is getting treatments in that golden window of opportunity.

From what I understand the blocks sometimes dont take right off, but with persistence he may well get that pain down to a tolerable level with the blocks. He may not like them, and almost everything they want to try on us hurts unfortunantly. There are those that nothing works, but im hoping he will be one of the few that it does work.

It is wonderful to see you helping him, for a lot of us our loved ones and friends pretty much dont believe the pain is that great so we dont get much sympathy or help. You will just have to look past his pain bad moods, and see the hurtin unit that he is. That right there will help him more than you know, just having someone there is a great relief for those that are confronting a life changing event like RSD.

We are here always to come and get support from, even he should come in and get it all out of his system on us instead of his loved ones. You will find the greatest bunch of people you ever met right here. Very understanding with always an ear to listen, and a shoulder to cry on.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote