View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahbut View Post
I finally called the doctor yesterday and I am going to sit down with her on Thursday.

Vertigo is hitting me harder than it ever has. I had a really hard time last week when I was trying to drive. Being in the house I need to go out and be in the open space to help me.

I started taking Dramamine on Sunday but is that something I can take daily? It does help for a little while when I am here at the house.
Hey hun. Do they sell Serc in your area? I've heard from some that Serc is only available through compounding pharmacies in the USA

Reason I ask is because Serc is EXTREMELY easy to tolerate, and when I had severe vertigo twice, it was the only drug that helped me. It cut my vertigo by 70-80%, and I had intense vertical vertigo (up and down, not the room spin).

http://www.medbroadcast.com/drug_inf...d_name_id=1333

I was able to find info about it on a .com. It does have a couple warnings, but from researching it when I was on it, it seemed like a very mild medication for vertigo.

In contrast, Dramamine appears to be Gravol, which is over the counter in Canada at least. Which unfortunately did nothing for my cases of vertigo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimenhydrinate

I've not heard of any issues in taking Gravol (I'm not sure if Dramamine is entirely the same drug) daily. If it's helping, all the more power to you, but a pharmacist should be able to confirm if it's safe to take daily.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yeahbut (09-09-2008)