View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin New member here..

Hi everyone. My name is Carolyn and I have a now 10 yr old daughter which has been through many psych evals since age 4 and until now we were never sure what was really wrong with her.
Sincle infancy my daghter wasn't the "normal" baby. Multiple ear infections, trouble sleeping, moody, and such. By the time she was old enough to enter headstart there was evidence of issues out of the norm for my girl. She would hide away from the teachers and kids, she developed anger issues which would become physical. Typical at the time for ADHD or even early onset Bipolar. Well we did the round of stimulants and even non stimulants. She couldn't have any of them. If there was a side affect she got it. We dropped the idea of meds and dealt with it the best we knew how with inhome support staff. Then by age 8 she was dx'd with ADHD,Bipolar, Sensory Intergration Dysfunction, and developmental delays. We agreed to give her depakote for a time until the weight gain. Then Lamectil and respirdal which is working great. well now we finally got a Neuropsych eval and it turns out that what my girl has is also NVLD, borderline MR (IQ 71) on top of every thing else.
Can we get any crazier. So due to the NVLD she has anxiety issues all day long. So there we are in a nutshell. Most professionals have praised me because to meet my girl in person one would not know she has any problems hardly at all.
I am here seeking support, ideas, any advice to help her achive what she can and be who she wants to.
peachesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote