View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
Dear Nathan....he is in denial...good thing you are not.
((((HUGS))))
bizi
I'm not sure about that. He has told me that his first wife was/is bipolar. So he thinks he knows "all about it". He also is a Christian Scientist and of course they believe that as little medicine as possible (preferably none of course). So I don't blame him for feeling the way he does. I actually would LIKE that someone believes that I am okay. Not a denial way but in an "I know you and you are not ill." Where the balance is, I am trying to figure out. I think I need some more skills and yes- I know I see the world a bit differently than everybody else, so between the meds as a stop-gap measure so I'm not swinging so wildly with the emotions and feeling out of touch with reality- but I have some long-term issues that so far I have been able to fake my way around, rather than deal with. They did say I have learned many of the things they teach in DBT groups, on my own, which is good. You see, Christopher has seen me when I'm at my wit's end with this- even before I realized I might be bipolar. He was there when I'd burst out sobbing over nothing- many times. When I'd talk too much and overthink things and generally back myself into a corner afraid and totally confused- to then say "Go relax" or "go to sleep" (when I was sick), or something to get me to where I was calm. He also prays for me and yes- it works. Dunno how- but it does.

Its a gorgeous warm November sunny day here so I'm taking my kids out now to lunch and the park. More later. Loves ya, Bizzi!