View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Have you ever lived in an apartment or dorm? or lived in an area of town/city that is loud?

I live in a condo, which is similar to an apartment because I have neighbors on the other side of my wall.

My point is that when you live in an apartment, you eventually get so used to the sounds your neighbors make that you don't notice them anymore.... same thing if you live on a busy street with lots of traffic, at some point you get used to the traffic noises and you basically stop hearing them.

I have gotten used to the noises my cats make the same way. Whether they are meowing, or chasing each other around, or scratching their scratching post, or playing with their toy balls that jingle -- I don't notice any of it unless I am intentionally paying attention. If I am sitting at the computer or sleeping, I just don't hear the noises because I have gotten so accustomed to hearing them all day.

So, if you have never lived in a loud area and if you have never had to get accustomed to tuning out noises before then it might take a little while to learn to tune out the meowing... but if you have lived in a busy/loud area, then you most likely have already learned to not hear some noises, so learning to not hear the cat meow shouldn't be too hard
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote