Thread: Hello?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey there!

I was just wondering about possibly having a different doctor perform a block. It sounds like this one was botched. A block should go into your sympathetic chain along your spine, not anywhere near your diaphragm. Your diaphragm is all the way on the other side of your body, near your lungs. Also, I've never had a block that involved steroids- only anesthetics. So that may be something to look into. Steroids can sometimes aggravate people and cause funny reactions. Also, when my foot hurts a lot and the movement level is down, I soak my foot in a tub of warm water with epsom salts in it and try to get my foot wiggling. Or a bath. And my personal savior . . . my heat pad!

And I'll chime in too. Immobilization bad. Movement good. I had to relearn how to walk after being on crutches and protecting my leg for a long time. I was killing my opposite hip by guarding my RSD leg. And I had no muscle mass in my affected thigh. It's a vicious circle, but less muscle mass leads to more pain, which makes you want to do less, which leads to more muscle loss. And so on and so on. So you have to get moving a bit. Swimming is great! No gravity! When the muscles around a joint are built up, those muscles can do the work, and take the pressure off of the joint.

And Loretta, can you break up your postings into more paragraphs? They're kind of hard to read as is. Thanks!

Lynn
Lynns409 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote