View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, I was never tested, but my doc has presumed it to be GERD resulting from MS and has me on Nexium as required. I also take Gaviscon, almost daily. Both of those help my symptoms, depending on what they are.

Spicy foods (mexican, italian) and big meals are not good for me. Also, I have to eat many hours before I lay down, or it seems to want to come back up.

Most often the sensation is burning, full right up to the throat, or gassy . . . but I have had it bad enough that I swore I was having a heart attack. On one occasion I parked myself in my doctors office for a couple of hours before my appointment because I figured I was going to die at home alone. On another occasion I went to ER too . . . and I am not usually a person that worries too much.

Having said all that, I am now undergoing testing for some stomach issues, which may be the underlying cause anyway. I should know more by the end of the week . . .

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-10-2008), Kristi (09-09-2008)