Thread: Thyroid Issue
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliTJ View Post
Hi Leslie, I was glad you brought this up. I have been googling PN and hypothyroid and have found that there is indeed a connection. If you are chronically hypo, you can develop PN. Resolving PN once it has started, even after correcting any thyroid imbalance, will be a long road.

I have been undergoing tons of tests as you know, and my hypo is out of control. I basically have no thyroid and they have increased me to 3-400 mcgs (every other day for each strength). BUT I want to see an endo after reading all the info on the web. My Aunt wants my absorbtion tested, she thinks there is something wrong.

When I was with the neuro he basically stated, there is no connection between hypothyroid and PN....soooooo....I won't be seeing him again since he doesn't seem to have time to keep up with the current research.

Don't you just wish there really was a Dr. House?

Terra

You know...are are correct, I am looking for Dr. House which may be why I am so disappointed. I thought doctors really put forth that herculean effort in trying to help patients. My dad died of leukemia but his doctors went above and beyond to help extend his life and give him quality of life while extending it. I saw this day in and day out in his remaining time and I thought they all did the same.

In reading all that can cause PN, I was under the impression that it was only hypothyroidism that was untreated that can cause PN. Is that not the case? My endo said that since my thyroid levels were only a bit off, this did not cause the PN.
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote